The Avaya 1608-I IP Telephone is designed for the Everyday user. Everyday users typically rely on several forms of communication including voice and email – and while they require a quality telephone, they rarely receive more that five or six calls per day. Cubicle workers and sales staff within a retail store are examples of Everyday users for whom the 1608 delivers a productivity-enhancing telephone.
The Avaya 1608 supports 8 line appearances / feature keys. Each of the buttons includes dual LED’s (red, green) providing explicit status for the user. For a familiar look and feel, the 1608 includes several fixed feature keys for common telephone tasks including conference, transfer, drop, hold, mute. In addition, the 1608 includes a high quality full duplex speakerphone, and supports a broad portfolio of Avaya wired and wireless headsets through its integrated headset jack.
The 1608 features a context sensitive user interface along with three softkeys and a four-way navigation cluster – ideal for scrolling through the local contacts list or call logs. The display on the 1608 measures three lines by 24 characters and is backlit for easier viewing in all lighting conditions.
Key Features Hardware:
- Backlit display – 3.5” diagonal, 3 rows by 24 characters
- Ergonomic hearing aid compatible handset – supporting TTD acoustic coupler
- 8 line appearance/feature key buttons – with dual LED’s (red, green)
- 2-way speakerphone**
- Message waiting indicator
- Dual position flip stand
- Four-way navigation cluster button
- Three contextual softkey buttons
- Volume button – (separate volume levels in the handset, headset, speaker, and ringer)
- Quick-access Voicemail Message button
- Telephony application button – to return to main telephone screen
- Avaya Menu button – (options and settings access)
- Contacts button
- Call log button
- Redial button
- Speaker button
- Mute button
- Headset button
- Hold button
- Conference button
- Transfer button
- Drop button
- Ethernet (10/100) line interface with a secondary 10/100 port for collocated laptop or PC
- PoE 802.3af class 2 device, also supports a local power supply
- Headset interface
- Wall mount kit available
- Optional Gigabit Adapter for Gigabit connectivity to a PC
- Contacts application – supports up to 100 entries
- Call log – contains last 100 calls
- H.323 protocol support
- Standards-based codec support: G.711, G.726, G.729A/B
- Supports the following languages: English, French, Spanish, German, Italian, Dutch, Portuguese, Russian, Japanese (half width Katakana).
- Additional language support available on the 1608-I: Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, Korean, Hebrew and Arabic.
- Avaya Communication Manager 3.0 or greater
- Avaya IP Office 4.2 (11) or greater
- Local or centralized electrical power. Through an 802.3af switch, or local power supply.
- HTTP file server