The Avaya 1616 IP Telephone is designed for the Navigator user. Receptionists, assistants, and managers are examples of Navigator users – people who answer incoming calls, transfer customers to different departments or extensions, and monitor several line appearances throughout a typical day. For the Navigator user, the 1616 provides the most one-touch line/feature/speed-dial buttons without the need to scroll through on-screen lists.
The Avaya 1616 supports 16 line appearances/feature keys on the phone itself – and a 32 button expansion model provides access to a total of 48 feature keys or speed dial buttons. Each of the buttons features a dual LED (red, green) providing explicit status for the user. For a familiar look and feel, the 1616 includes several fixed feature keys for common telephone tasks including conference, transfer, drop, hold, and mute. In addition, the 1616 includes a high quality 2-way speakerphone, and supports a broad portfolio of Avaya wired and wireless headsets through its integrated headset jack.
The 1616 features a context sensitive user interface along with three softkeys and a four-way navigation cluster – ideal for scrolling through the local contacts list or call logs.
- Backlit display – 3.5” diagonal, 4 rows by 24 characters with adjustable display angle
- Ergonomic hearing aid compatible handset – supporting TTD acoustic coupler
- 16 line appearance/feature key buttons – with dual LED’s (red, green)
- 2-way speakerphone**
- Message waiting indicator
- Dual position flip stand
- Four-way navigation cluster button
- Three contextual softkey buttons
- Volume button – (separate volume levels in the handset, headset, speaker, and ringer)
- Message button
- Telephony application button – to return to main telephone screen
- Avaya Menu button – (options and settings access)
- Contacts button
- Call log button
- Redial button
- Speaker button
- Mute button
- Headset button
- Hold button
- Conference button
- Transfer button
- Drop button
- Ethernet (10/100) line interface with a secondary 10/100 port for collocated laptop or PC
- Module interface – for 32 button expansion module
- PoE 802.3af class 2 device, also supports a local power supply
- Headset interface
- Wall mount kit available
- Optional Gigabit Adapter for Gigabit connectivity to a PC
- Contacts application – supports up to 100 entries
- Call log – contains last 100 calls
- H.323 protocol support
- Standards-based codec support:G.711, G.726, G.729A/B
- Supports the following languages:English, French, Spanish, German, Italian, Dutch, Portuguese, Russian, Japanese (half width Katakana).
- Additional language support available on the 1616äóïI: Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, Korean, Hebrew and Arabic.
- Avaya Communication Manager 3.0 or greater
- Avaya IP Office 4.2 (11) or greater
- Local or centralized electrical power. Through an 802.3af switch, or local power supply.
- HTTP file server